Serves 6, 1 cup per serving
2 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen mango chunks
2 medium bananas
1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
3 Tablespoons mint leaves
½ cup shredded, toasted coconut
½ cup slivered almonds
Thaw frozen fruit in the refrigerator until no longer hard, but still cool to the touch.
- Peel and slice bananas and kiwis.
- If using, rinse and chop mint leaves.
- Drain canned pineapple, reserving juice.
- In a large bowl, add bananas, kiwis, pineapple, and thawed fruit. Mix.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add reserved pineapple juice. Stir. Heat until juice forms a sauce, about 5 minutes. Allow sauce to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over fruit salad. Mix to coat fruit. If using, mix in mint, coconut, and almonds.
Recipe from Cooking Matters