COVID-19 Nutrition Resources
Tips on how to stock up healthy foods on a budget during COVID-19.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important for everyone to reduce trips to the store while also eating healthy. In particular, older adults, pregnant people, and people with chronic diseases, like diabetes and high blood pressure, often need to consume specific diets. We’ve made short, easy-to-use guides for stocking and eating healthy meals during this time.
If you or someone you know needs help, check out the available Bay Area food resources below:
• Overview of City Food Programs
• Free Eats: For downloadable charts to help find free food and other resources in San Francisco.
• 211: For a centralized resource for food services throughout the Bay Area, call 211 or access the 211 database.
• Food Pantry Locator: For a resource to locate food assistance through food banks and pantries in San Francisco and Marin counties.
• SFUSD School Meal Program: For free meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) provided through SFUSD to all children during school closures.
• CalFresh Benefits: To apply online for CalFresh benefits (also known as SNAP or EBT), visit getcalfresh.org. To see other application method options, click here.
• Shop Around: Low-cost shuttle or subsidized Taxi ride to the grocery store offered by SFMTA for seniors and people with disabilities. SFMTA is considering options for expanding the program to include more people and other types of essential trips.